Monday, October 5, 2015

Shopping My Stash: Bronzers and Highlighters

My makeup collection is all over the place. Since getting an Ikea Alex (the 5 drawer version), I'm able to organize products by drawer but still haven't moved beyond that. If you know of any inexpensive drawer organizers for lots of products, please share below! Because of this, products pile up and often get forgotten. I often "shop my stash" to rediscover products that I love and haven't used in a while. After a small clear out the other day where a Mary Lou-Manizer shattered and resulted me to clean the whole drawer, here are the bronzers and highlights I rediscovered.


Aerin Pretty Bronze Illuminating Powder in 01. I always forget about Aerin, since they're such a small line, but their products are amazing! This is a gorgeous all-over bronzer with a hint of shimmer that is great for warming up the face and adding a glow. I wouldn't use this for contouring as it's too warm but could be used for subtle definition if you wanted.
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Rose Gold. If you've been reading my blog lately, you'll know that I've been loving Becca lately. I forgot that I have another shimmering skin perfector in rose gold (I know this is also in the Afterglow Palette but this is a large version). It's a gorgeous dark gold that works with any skin tone, although I have to use a lighter hand so I'm not looking like a disco ball.
Soap and Glory Glow All Out Powder. Soap & Glory has expanded its skin care line in the US, so I'm hoping the makeup follows. I got this on ebay, and it's a gorgeous light pink highlighter. It's not too frosty and with a light hand, this could probably be used as an all-over setting powder.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Light. This is a product that I got the minute it came out, used it for a few days, completely forgot about it, then rediscovered once it's buzzing on YouTube (this is a trend with products). It's a little deeper and more luminous than the Aerin one, and starts out sheer but can be built up. I use this in place of blush some days when I want a golden glow on my cheeks.
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. If you're fair like I am, this is a perfect bronzer color that gives just the tiniest hint of a glow without making you look muddy. It can be used for contour or all over, and there are two darker shades that you can pick up depending on your skin tone. The product itself is very finely milled and smells like chocolate, so what's not to love?
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. This is the palette that started my love for Hourglass, so I feel horrible for neglecting it (as if it has feelings ha). I love my full sized Diffused Light, which I use all over to diminish redness. The first two shades, Dim Light and Incandescent Light, can be used all over with a light hand, to set undereyes, or applied more liberally for a real highlight. The last shade, Radiant Light, is a gorgeous bronze highlight. It's an incredible value with 3 large-sized shades if you're looking to try some Hourglass.

Have you shopped your stash or rediscovered any new products lately? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment