Friday, October 30, 2015

October Favorites

Man October flew by! It was a busy month for me, with trips to NY (huge haul post coming Monday) and DC. I have so much new stuff to keep trying that it's been hard to find some favorites I consistently use, but these are the five I've been loving. 


Lune + Aster Moonrise Glow and Contour Bronzing Palette. I love Blue Mercury but often forget about it--they have a cultivated collection premium skincare and makeup brands. Lune and Aster is a new brand that was created by their founder, and everything is natural. Although I only got this last weekend on my trip to DC, I've fallen in love. The bronzer is a magical shade that works for either contouring or just an all-over glow, and the highlighter is a gorgeous shimmery peach shade. The powders are so soft and pigmented while still giving a soft look.
Gerard Cosmetics Serenity Liquid Lipstick. Ahh another liquid lipstick! It seems that every brand is coming out with their own and they're impossible to escape (good thing I keep buying and supporting them). This formula has a weightless feel that dries down matte without giving my lips that weird cakey look. Of course it's a nude pink that is perfect for everyday.
Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base 01. I got this deluxe sample from Sephora and can't stop using it. Although it's a primer, I also use it alone on days when I don't want a heavy base. It's golden color sheers out to provide hydration and a dewy look that does what the name says, providing a fresh glow. I think I see a full-size of this in my near future once I run out.
Pur Minerals Artist's Blush and Contour Palette. Pur Minerals is a brand that isn't super familiar to me, but when I saw this palette on Ulta, I went for it. I'm very impressed--the blushes are both colors that I would wear, one highlighter is shimmery and one is matte, and both bronzers work for my skintone as well. My only complaint is I wish the pans were a bit bigger so I could pick up the product more easily, but at only $28, I can't really complain.
Marc Jacobs Decadence. I never was a fan of the Marc Jacobs Daisy fans, but when I saw many reviews talking about how different this one was, I ordered it online without even smelling it. It was a risk, but I'm glad I did it. Sephora describes it as "Qualitative. Opulent. Surprising." and I agree. It's a more musky, sophisticated amber scent with a hint of rose and plum that is unlike anything else I own. Plus the gorgeous handbag packaging alone is enough to convince you to buy it.

Music: Once again I've been pretty bad on discovering new music this month. I've been so busy that it's easier just to listen to my old favorites--I usually throw on The Kooks Pandora.

Books: Little Pretty Things by Lori Rader-DayDid You Ever Have a Family by Bill CleggThe Gates of Evangeline by Hester Young

It's hard to believe that there are only two months left of favorites before the new year! Pretty soon my little blog will be 1.5 years old, which is crazy. What did you love for the month of October? Share below and have a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween to you, too.
    I have been loving "The Kite Runner" and "A thousand splendid suns" for a breadths month.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post!! You should check out Sandra Brown's books :)

    www.lincolnparksharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete