Monday, October 12, 2015

LA Girl Velvet Contour Sticks

My experience with the LA Girl brand is pretty limited, although the products I have tried (BB Cream and Concealer) are quite good. Part of the reason might be that the brand has limited availability in stores, although you can order from their website or ebay (what I did). I love highlighters, as you know, and when I saw these came out recently, I knew I had to try them. The Velvet Contour Stick range has 3 highlighters, 10 blushes, and 3 bronzers at $5 each. Today I have 2 highlighters and 2 blushes to show you, although *spoiler* they're so good I might need to order more.


Luminous is a pinky toned highlight, while Radiance is more of a golden/light tone. They're both more glimmery than shimmery, and the small stick shape makes it super easy to swipe onto the high points of my face. I wish they had come out with more highlight shades! My Bae is a pigmented coral shade that normally I stay away from, but what I love about the stick form is how easy it is to sheer out colors and apply them with the intensity you want. Since they are so creamy, I can blend it so I get a nice flush of color and avoid looking like a clown. Although it's in the blush range, Glimmer is more like a pinky highlight. It has more pigment than the other highlighters, but is also shimmery so I have to make sure I don't go overboard or else I'll just look really sweaty.

L-R: Luminous, Radiance, My Bae, Glimmer

Overall, I think these are a great product and with the inexpensive price point and extensive color range, you'll definitely want to pick up a few. I wish I had picked up a bronzer to give you all a sampling of the whole range, so let me know if you've tried any of the shades of the new Velvet Contour Sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment