Monday, August 3, 2015

July Favorites

I'm ready for fall. To be quite honest, I'm not the biggest fan of summer. It's always a relief for school to be over, and relaxing is nice, but then I find myself wanting more about a month in. I miss the cool (yet comfortable) fall temperatures and the stimulation and engagement I get when being in class. Plus almost all of my friends were in different places this summer so I miss them. Pretty much the only good thing about summer is all of the exciting makeup launches, although my wallet probably doesn't like that. There are lots of exciting favorites this month, so let's jump in!


Becca Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector. Everyone raves about the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors (super pigmented and creamy highlighters), but I think the internet exploded when this launched. It set a record for fastest selling product at Sephora, and rightfully so. It's a gorgeous pinky-champagne color that would look good on any skin tone and truly makes your highlight look "on fleek".
Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder in Shade 1. Although I only got this last week, reviewed here, I've been loving the subtle glow it gives on its own or over foundation. It's quite compact too so I'm definitely bringing it to Cape Cod with me.
Κat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Synergy and Raw Powder. I swatched these when they first launched and knew I had to have them (so obviously bought them a few weeks later). They're SO pigmented and creamy that you don't even need a primer. Naturally, I was drawn to the bronzy and burgundy shades. If you're a fan of crazy colors, she has all your needs. Although $21 seems a bit pricy for a single shadow, they're quite large and you only need a little for a heavy dose of color.
Sephora Pro Airbrush 55. How is this one of my first times trying the Sephora Pro Brushes? They're so soft and I picked up a few other ones (expect a post coming soon) but this is my favorite. You can use it for brush, highlight, contour, powder... basically anything. 
Sonia Kashuk Multipurpose Number 16 Brush. This is similar in feel to the Sephora brushes, although half the price! This is bigger and fluffier, so I only use it to apply powder all-over or to set things, but it's been another one I've been using everyday.
Charlotte Tilbury Norman Parkinson Color of Youth. When this collection first launched, I tried to resist. But it's Charlotte Tilbury so how could I? The packaging is gorgeous and luxe, even more so than normal. This is my favorite of the bunch--it looks scary pink in the pan, but applies beautifully to cheeks with a healthy flush glow. You literally can swipe it on and go.

L-R: Champagne Pop, Givenchy, Charlotte Tilbury, Κat Von D Synergy, Raw Powder


Books: Sick in the Head by Judd ApatowSummerlong by Dean BakopoulosEight Hundred Grapes by Laura DaveCharlie, Presumed Dead by Anne HeltzelThe Nakeds by Lisa Glatt

Is it bad that I haven't really been listening to any music new month? It's just been the same things from last month on repeat, and I've spent most of this month watching Fringe. It's by the same creator of Lost, and features a special FBI team that deals with "fringe" events (things that are outside the realm of normal). I'm on my last season and need new recommendations to watch when it's over!

What have you loved this month? I love reading other favorites so share a link to yours below!

3 comments:

  1. Great favorites! I really want to try the Becca highlighter and Kat Von D shadows.

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Opal and love it!

    XO maariasan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Wife divorce me for no reason, thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again, My name is James Mack. i live in Italy, I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same web site: http://lovespelltemple.weebly.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.bravespellcaster@gmail.com, Thanks you Dr Brave, i will always be testifying about your good work.and for any questions call me {James Mack} on +393279282206.This spell is a 100% Guarantee for your situation.

    ReplyDelete