Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Matte-r of Fact: Urban Decay vs. Maybelline

Matte lips are a trend that definitely grew on me. I always used to think the glossier/shinier, the better. I still shy away from matte shadows--I'm all about the shine there--but have found some great matte lip products on the market lately. There's the matte liquid lip trend (expect a post coming soon with some comparisons) and then the creamy matte lipstick trend. It looks matte but is moisturizing and not drying. I was excited to try Urban Decay's new Matte Revolution lipsticks and noticed they were very similar in both color and feel. But are they exact dupes?


Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipsticks. I have the shades Stark Naked, a light nude, and 1993, a medium brown. First, let's talk about the packaging. Urban Decay definitely wins in this category--I love the sleek black tubes. The outside packaging has the name and color so you know exactly which one they're getting. They are so so creamy and non-drying, plus they last quite a while. Both are opaque with one swipe. And best part? Each shade has an accompanying lip liner (Urban Decay has some of the best) so you can really achieve the full color you want.

Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick. Once again I went with two shades, Clay Crush, which is more of a true nude shade, and Nude Nuance, a rosy nude that's a bit deeper. Obviously the colors are not obvious dupes but there's both a lighter and darker nude so you can find one depending on your preference. These are just as creamy and pigmented as the Urban Decay ones, although they have slightly less staying power. The tubes are a little bulkier but nothing crazy. They're also normally $7.99, compared to Urban Decay's $22, plus you can also find drugstore coupons.

L-R: Maybelline Clay Crush and Nude Nuance, Urban Decay Stark Naked and 1993

So the colors might not be complete dupes, but besides that, the formula is almost identical! Maybelline has more of a color selection with a cheaper price point, while Urban Decay offers matching lip liners and slightly longer staying power. Either way, if you're looking for a creamy matte lip, you can't go wrong with either of these.

2 comments:

  1. I love the formula of Urban Decays matte lipsticks, but I love the price of the matte lipsticks by Maybelline, and maybelline has a good formula as well!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Wife divorce me for no reason, thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again, My name is James Mack. i live in Italy, I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same web site: http://lovespelltemple.weebly.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.bravespellcaster@gmail.com, Thanks you Dr Brave, i will always be testifying about your good work.and for any questions call me {James Mack} on +393279282206.This spell is a 100% Guarantee for your situation.

    ReplyDelete