Monday, August 31, 2015

August Favorites

Summer is over and fall is basically here! I'll miss my abundant free time but I'm really excited for senior year to begin. This is my last year before I become a "real" adult and I know it's going to fly by. I was kind of all over the place this month, from home to Cape Cod and a week in Georgia, so I didn't get a chance to try many new things. Here's what did make the cut.


LancĂ´me Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate and Eye Illuminator Concentrate. I don't normally splurge on skincare, but when you get a 20% discount at work, the expensive things suddenly become more lucrative. I've been using these two products for the past month and really like the results. My eye circles have definitely diminished a bit, and I like to use the other serum all-over to hydrate. It even helps fade my scar!
Nars Audacious Mascara. I got the mini size as a sample somewhere and I really like it. The brush has over 200 bristles which are great for lengthening and volumizing. I really see a difference in my lashes when I wear this and they look full without being weighed down. I'm sure I will get the full size when this dries out!
Tyra Sculpt in a Stick. When the woman behind America's Next Top Model creates a makeup line, you know it's going to be fierce. This stick makes contouring super easy--it's the perfect grey shade that mimics shadow to create chiseled cheekbones. I also have the highlight stick but I prefer this.
Tarte Contour Brush. Contouring is made even easier when using this brush. The shape makes it so so easy to blend any bronzer into the hollows of your cheeks and it's really soft. I wish the handle made it easier to put with my other brushes but it deserves a spot front and center on my vanity, as I reach for it every day.
Sara Happ Grapefruit Lip Scrub. As we get into winter, lip scrubs are super important. I know my lips get really dry and I'm not the best about exfoliating them. I got this in a gift set with a lip gloss at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, and this tastes so good I find myself using it all the time.

Books: Pretty Baby by Mary KubicaRemember Me This Way by Sabine DurrantBarbara the Slut and Other People by Lauren HolmesRemember Mia by Alexandra Burt

Music: I've been so bad this summer about discovering new music. The only song I really listened to consistently was a re-discovery from my childhood when my mom used to listen to them, which is Brian Wilson by Barenaked Ladies.

3 comments:

  1. That Tarte brush has been eye catching! Thanks for sharing!

    XO Maariasan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i'm loving the tarte brush and nars mascara, im yet to try anything from nars but im desperate to! x

    www.flowersforlorna.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this Tarte contour brush a lot recently, it looks so amazing (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete