Friday, April 8, 2016

MAC Future Forward Collection

A couple of years ago when I first began my makeup addiction, I was intrigued by all of the new MAC collections. They would sell out in a couple of minutes, or I would be the first one at the store, but lately they just haven't been doing it for me. Fortunately, now MAC anticipates its limited-edition audience and seems to have a larger stock. The Future Forward Collection was the first one in a while to have some pieces that caught my eye--they just came in earlier this week, so here are some first impressions.


Otherearthly Mineralize Skinfinish. Can we just take a second to appreciate how cute this is? I know when it was teased on social media a few months ago I knew I had to have it. Beyond the unique design, it features three shades (a bronze, a pink tone, and a pearl tone) that can either be swirled together or used individually.  Despite it being shimmery, when swirled together they all create a light pink flush that I've enjoyed using for a subtle blush. I make sure to use a light hand though, as I find that sometimes the more shimmery skinfinishes can emphasize pores.  
Ray Beam Blush and Cosmic Force Blush. MAC Mineralize Blushes are some of my favorite formulas, so although I didn't plan to purchase these, I figured why not. Cosmic Force is described as a "dirty nude" which has a hint of shimmer, and is a great dark rose shade. Ray Beam is a "soft pink" that's a little bit lighter and may not show up on darker skin tones, but gives such a soft glow that I love it.

Cosmic Force, Raybeam, Other Earthly


This collection has restored my faith in new MAC Collections, and I know I spotted a couple of exciting ones coming out for spring/summer. Did you pick up anything from this collection?

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried a MAC blush, since they are pretty expensive in my country.. However, I would love to try them, they look so pretty! <3

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to say that but your swatches for these blushes are not quite good.Maybe you'd better try different lighting or angle.

    ReplyDelete