Monday, November 16, 2015

Tom Ford Highlighting Duo Dupe

Is it just me, or is there nothing better than finding a good dupe? I am obsessed with highlighters and use any excuse to get my hands on one. I recently got this one on the left from Vasanti and noticed it was quite similar to the super duper expensive Tom Ford Illuminating Duo.


Tom Ford Skin Illuminating Powder Duo. Tom Ford is crazy expensive--their products are extremely luxurious but are usually not worth it. This is the second item I have purchased from him, and I know, it's ridiculously priced. But this was a summer splurge and something I can use for a very, very long time. Each highlighter is quite large, as I find that sometimes when you buy duos they are smaller than normal. The packaging is only the best from Tom Ford--sturdy yet slim enough for travel with a large mirror. The top cream shade is softly illuminating and not frosty at all. The bottom shade is more of a golden champagne that would show up wonderfully on dark skin tones, or fairer skin tones can use it with a lighter hand. They melt into skin seamlessly, giving you a glow that doesn't look like sweat. The top shade is supposed to give a "luminous glow of daylight" and the bottom shade "is like the romantic illusion of candlelight".

Vansanti See The Light Powder Duo. Upon first impression, obviously there is less product (what you would typically expect from a powder duo). But $29 compared to $80 makes it worth it, as these are still sizable enough that your brush can pick up each shade individually. These aren't as creamy as the Tom Ford duo, and even from the swatches on my arm, you can see they don't sink into the skin as effortlessly. But they aren't chalky or pore-emphasizing, so they're still quite good. The white shade is more similar, and maybe even more pigmented. The gold shade is certainly more gold as opposed to a pinky-champagne undertone. They're still natural and a much more affordable option if you live highlighter duos.

L-R: Tom Ford Top Shade and Bottom Shade, Vasanti Top Shade and Bottom Shade

Overall, although the Tom Ford is a luxurious product unlike any other, the Vasanti Duo is a much more affordable alternative. I would say if you want to splurge for an amazing product, go for the Tom Ford one now as it's limited edition and sold out almost everywhere. But if you don't care about spending as much and still want a nice highlight duo, the Vasanti one will not disappoint.

6 comments:

  1. I have been wanting a lot of Tom Fords' products for so long now, but haven't got around to looking at them in store. Now that I've seen this dup I am definitely going to check it out. As it looks like such a good match, and great quality too. Thank you for sharing this, great post!:)

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - My Autumn Matte Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good dupe! I do have the Tom Ford one and I love it so I'll make sure to look into this one when I run out - if I ever do that is. These things seem to last forever! Haha!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so soft & natural (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom Ford makeup is lush but pricey, that dupe looks great!

    Yasmeen x
    The Mirror Affects

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard soooo many good things about Tom Ford products (and I'm pretty sure I read about the highlighter in like Vogue or something too) and always wanted to try it. But I've been calming down on spending a ton of money on cosmetics...preferring to spend money on skin care products instead. This would probably be a good item for a wishlist!

    coffeeslag

    COFFEESLAG October Top 5's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding duper for famous products is always fun! Both of the duos seem to be quite amazing!

    www.randomstein.com

    ReplyDelete