Friday, November 20, 2015

Tarte Tarteist Contour Palette First Impressions

By now, I'm kind of sick of seeing the contour palette trend everywhere. I feel like I'm pretty satisfied with the ones I do own, but that all changed when news of this new Tarte Tarteist Contour Palette popped up all over my social media. I've used one Tarte bronzer and have been pretty impressed, so I was definitely curious with this one. In addition to this new palette for spring, Tarte has released a gorgeous new eyeshadow palette (on my Holiday list) and brush. Currently, this palette is only available for Sephora VIB Rouge/VIB members but should be launching for the general public soon. Let's take a look!


I love the packaging. A circular compact is new and fresh, plus it's slim enough for travel and the mirror is huge. Shade 1 is a light highlight that doesn't have any shimmer but can be used to brighten. Shade 2 is a yellow correcting powder that I especially love to set undereye concealer. Shades 3 and 4 are contouring shades that can be used for a variety of skintones--obviously shade 4 is the darker one, so creates a more defined contour. I love that they've included a blush shade "Accentuate" that's a rosy plummy shade, so you can really do your whole face with this. The center shade is called "Glow" which is a shimmer highlight, although it doesn't really show up on my skin. Those who like a very subtle highlight might like this, but it's my least favorite shade of the palette.

L-R: Glow, Highlight, Correct, Contour-Soft, Contour-Deep, Accentuate

I've only worn this once, but I think if you're a beginner at contouring, or want a palette that you can use to finish your whole face, this one is for you. Fortunately, I'm lucky to have access to VIB Rouge products ahead of time, but I know it can be disappointing for those who aren't a part of it. The availably is really my only complaint about the product, so it's a winner in my book!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the colours, seems like a great palette!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks amazing! It's on my christmas list ;)

    http://ibelieveinrosa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing this palette all over my social media lately, and love the look of it! Your review was great, and I'm definitely considering getting once it has launched.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - My Autumn Matte Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete