Monday, November 9, 2015

Reflections

As I'm coming up on a year and a half of working with my blog, I thought it was time to do some reflections. I started this blog as a way to fill some time at a job that (fortunately) allowed me to pretty much do whatever I wanted. I was able to post everyday, although I didn't have many followers. As time passed, I was able to find the blogs I consistently read and build relationships with other bloggers.

It's hard to get motivated to write during the school year. It's not that I'm overwhelmed with work, but sometimes I feel like "Who's even reading my blog?" "Why does it matter?". Although I've missed a few days, I try pretty consistently to post Mondays and Fridays. Sometimes I put a lot of effort into the posts, whereas others I can bang out in ten minutes. I've also been traveling a lot this semester, which makes it harder to write posts.

I admire full-time bloggers who have turned their passions into careers. Unfortunately, I'm still not at a stage where brands are wanting to work with me and send me products. This means that I spend a lot of money on beauty products. Sometimes they are for the blog, and mostly I'm just influenced by other people. I wish that I could spend more time on this blog and have partnerships with brands, but unfortunately that just hasn't happened. The makeup community in Vermont is dismal, so writing these posts and talking to others is my way of staying connected.


I enjoy writing more personal pieces, and sometimes want to pour my heart out into the internet, but I'm a lot more of a private person in that sense. Although I know some of my friends read these pieces, a lot of people I don't know read them as well (but if I'm being honest, maybe it's the people I know who read these that I don't want knowing personal information). And that's just not the main audience that reads these.

Do I know what I'm doing when I graduate in about 6 months? Do I have any idea where I want to live? The answer to both of these is a resounding no. I have so many ideas and things I want out of life, but as John Lennon says, "Life happens when we're busy making plans". So I'm slowly accepting that although soon I will begin applying to a bunch of jobs that I've already spent time looking for, I realize that where I live is less important than finding a satisfying job. This will 99% not be the job I stick with, but after having moved over 6 times in the past four years with just as many job shifts, I'm ready for some stability. After living in Vermont for four years, I know I need and crave a bigger city.

Sorry for the randomness of my post, but if you've been following my blog for a while, I thought you would like to stay somewhat updated in my life and where I'm at right now. And if you don't care, I'm surprised you even made it this far and more makeup posts will be coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment