Monday, September 14, 2015

Kiko Romantic Rebel Eyeliners

I've coveted Kiko Cosmetics for the longest time. When they finally launched an online US website a couple of months ago, I went a bit nuts. All the products are quite affordable, with great quality and innovative collections. The newest collection, Rebel Romantic, launched a few weeks ago and I was hooked. There's beautiful rose gold packaging and a variety of items, so let me know if you want to see a post on those! But today I'm talking about the eyeliners.


I have a black liquid liner from Kiko and I use it all the time, so I wanted to check out some of the more fun colors that are part of the Rebel Romantic collection. I wanted to try some colored liquid eyeliner, so I got the Liquid Intense Eyeliner in Brown and Purple. The brush is a little stiff at the end and can be make it a little difficult to apply the color, but as you can see it's quite pigmented. Unfortunately this doesn't transfer as well to the eyes, and it might require two coats to build it up. I always feel weird when I don't wear liquid black eyeliner but these are still fun to wear when I want to be more daring. They're a shiny finish but you still won't look like a member of Twisted Sister.

On the other hand, I'm always willing to experiment with colors on my lower lash line/waterline. The Color Definition Eyeliner and Kajal is a perfect product to do just that. It's pigmented and creamy, but not so creamy that it will smudge away. I love the color selection -- Marsala is a perfect red-brown and I don't own anything like it in my collection. The purple is great to bring out brown eyes, and I definitely went out of my comfort zone with the emerald color (but in a good way). The tip is a bit stiff when you first apply it but after the first use or two it glides on like a dream. 

L-R: Brown and Purple Liquid Eyeliner, Cuddly Marsala, Warrior Violet, Splendid Emerald

If you're looking for a fun new liquid liner, or want to spice up your waterline by trying something different than black, I highly recommend trying out the eyeliners from the new Kiko Romantic Rebel collection. At under $10, they feel way more expensive and won't break the bank.

3 comments:

  1. nice review and post! $10 is cheap for eyeliner. :)

    xoxo,
    Winn | ♥
    winscribbles.blogspot.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shades! Kiko is one of my favorite brands (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your sentiments completely - Kiko is a fantastic "drugstore-price" brand to try out - love the variety of products, range and colours they carry!! Which of these colours were your favourite?

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete