Friday, September 18, 2015

Contouring Is A Breeze Thanks To This Palette

I'm kind of sick of seeing the contouring trend everywhere--team strobing all the way. I still like to add a subtle contour to add some definition to my face, but often have time blending out products. I really don't want to look muddy, which can often be a problem, but I don't have to worry about that at all with this gorgeous palette from Velvet 59. I'd never even heard of the brand until Dulce Candy mentioned it in my favorites, so I knew I had to snap it up.



The Contour Is A Girl's Best Friend palette is just under $50, but with six shades, this seems to be around standard pricing for most higher-end contour palettes. I love the texture of these -- although they're a cream, they're definitely softer and more blendable than the Anastasia cream one. The shades are more universal and dry to a powdery finish. I particularly like the middle highlight to use under the eyes and the top right shimmer one for a strobing-esque highlight. The first two contour shades work better with my skin tone and both work well for a subtle contour--the dark one doesn't have any orange though and could work for a super intense contour. My favorite brushes for contouring are the Nars Kabuki Ita Brush or its cheaper cousin, the Tarte Contour and Bronzer Brush. Both have a great handle that's easy to hold so you can get a defined line with the bush that is wide and flat to get in the hollows of the face.

L-R: 1,2,3,4,5,6 (shades don't have names)

I'm quite impressed with this and will definitely check out the other products from the (sadly limited) Velvet 59 line. This contour palette is worth the money for its unique cream-to-powder texture, easy blendability, and shades that work with a variety of skin tones.



2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I bet it looks great in action :) I love contouring, but I need a really good kit because I feel like my bronzer is just not doing it xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete