Monday, September 7, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminators

These babies were teased for months on social media, but didn't get an official release date until about a month ago. I was counting down the days until last Monday, the 31st, when they launched exclusively on Macy's. Originally I was only going to get one or two, but figured it would be worth getting all of them to do a complete post. Plus I'm a sucker for highlighters and I couldn't resist.


The Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminators retail for $28 each, which seems to me like a reasonable price. The packaging feels secure and you get a large mirror. There's a lot of product in each pan and they have a cool overlapping tile design. I'm so impressed by these. The powder is finely milled, although there's almost no fallout. They remind me of slightly more pigmented Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, as those can be used all over and these are definitely just highlights. Each swatch was only one swipe, so you can see they're incredibly pigmented and reflective. They don't emphasize  pores or look frosty at all and I just love them.

Peach Nectar is, of course, a peachy shade and the darkest of the bunch. Starlight is the lightest and although it's white in the pan, it doesn't appear frosty. So Hollywood is a golden tone, while Riviera is my favorite, with a more bronzy pink glow. Peach Nectar and Riviera would probably be the best for darker skin tones, although as these can be built up or sheered out, they can work for any skin tone.

Have you tried any of them yet? Share your thoughts!

L-R: Peach Nectar, Starlight, So Hollywood, Riviera

I wanted to do a quick #humblebrag and note that my post from last week (The Case Against Binge-Watching) was featured on Thought Catalog. I submitted it on a whim, as I love reading other posts on the site, and it went up the next day! I might do more of these thought-provoking pieces on here in the future, so let me know if that's something you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment