Friday, May 29, 2015

3 Foundations For Different Occasions

I just came up with this title on a whim, and I do find it rhymes pretty catchily. If you've been reading my blog a while, you would know that I'm definitely a foundation junkie. I did take a break for a good chunk of this year (although it was hard), but in the past few weeks I couldn't resist adding some new ones. I've been testing these out and am pleased with all of the results. My purchasing was somewhat strategic, as each of these can be used for a different occasion and give a different finish.



CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation in Natural Beige. As a dryer skinned gal, luminous finish foundations are my favorite. I like a dewy finish that isn't too shiny, and for a drugstore buy, this one is on par with its higher-end counterparts. I would liken it to the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, although it has less obvious shimmer. I tried the original Outlast foundation and also liked it, although the finish was a bit blah for me. It has good lasting power and the included pump makes it great for dewy looking skin.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Matte Foundation. Originally, I was skeptical about this purchase--I have NEVER bought a matte finish foundation. I decided it was time to shake things up. I have a bottle of Velvet Lumiere Aqua but unfortunately it's the wrong shade for me. I'm a B20 (not a BR20), which is what I got in this, and again I'm impressed. For a matte foundation, it still provides coverage that looks just like your skin and doesn't make me look flat. This is great for hot days when you know your skin is gonna sweat no matter what. Although it's ideally for oily skinned girls, the velvet finish makes it doable for dry to normal skin types as well.


Cover FX Custom Color Drops in N25. Once again, this is a product I bought with the intention knowing I owned nothing else like it. It's certainly a cool idea--you can add as many drops as you like to build up coverage in any of your sheer bases. This means any primer, moisturizer, or sun screen where you already like the coverage can be turned into a foundation. Since there are so many different shades, you can also add it to an existing foundation to make your color match better. I've only tried it with a few moisturizers and primers, since most of my stash is still in storage (one week until move!) but it's a universal product with many uses.

L-R: Covergirl, Chanel, Cover FX


I'm always looking for recommendations, so let me know what foundations you've been loving lately!


6 comments:

  1. I might need to get the Chanel one if I can! I have oily skin so it would be great

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chanel foundation sounds great I really need it also you have a really nice blog i am glad I found it
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) So glad the chanel foundation worked on you because it is a great foundation :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourites are Armani Luminous Silk and the Lush colour pigment for no makeup makeup days :)

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't tried any of these but i'm dying to try a chanel foundation!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I am at this stage of trying to stay 'foundation free' now but it is so hard! Too tempting :)

    Ewelina x

    Pattern Of Taste | Our Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete