Friday, May 1, 2015

April Favorites

As I'm writing this, I have my last day of classes as a junior. I have a few finals and then I'm completely done with the year next Friday. I feel like just yesterday I started school, and now I only have a year left. It sounds cheesy but it's totally true. This has been a month of playing with some new and old favorites (did you catch my Shopping My Stash post?), so on to the makeup favorites!



Dior Eye Reviver Eyeshadow Palette. Would it really be a favorites without including an eyeshadow palette? I saw this one from Dior and held off on purchasing it for a while, then finally caved. It has 4 beautiful neutral shades with just the right amount of shimmer, a highlight shade, and a gel eyeliner that I've yet to figure out how to navigate. 
Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Light. The minute this launch was announced, I knew I would be loving it. The Ambient Blushes are some of my favorites, and this bronzer doesn't disappoint. It's very warm and glowy, so I wouldn't use it for contouring. However, it gives you a great sun kissed glow and warms up the face so well. 
Original Beauty Blender. I think I'm the last person on earth to buy a Beauty Blender--originally I was kind of skeptical about it. However, I tried my friend's last week and I loved it. I especially love it for blending in concealer, but it really does give an amazing finish. It seems crazy to spend this much for a little sponge but it's worth it.
Laura Mercier Transluscent Loose Setting Powder. Normally I don't deviate from my finishing powders, but I forgot I had this one and pulled it back out. I use it to set everything once I'm done and it gives such a blurred finish. It can help tone down some extreme blush pigment if I feel I've overdone it. 
Rommel Good to Glow Highlighter in Soho Glow. I wish this was available in the US because it's the best drugstore highlighter I've come across. It's one of those liquid ones that can be worn on it's own, mixed in with foundation, or on top of cheekbones for a little extra glow. This bronzy shade is my favorite of the bunch.


Books: Dark Rooms by Lili AnolikPretty Ugly by Kirker ButlerWe All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

2 comments:

  1. Have yet to try a beauty blender :P

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Light looks amazing! I need to chack it out next time I'm shopping ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete