Monday, May 11, 2015

MAC Nordstrom Naturals Palette

I invested in this baby a couple of months ago but completely forgot to review it. As I was sadly packing up my makeup collection until I move into my new place in June, this jumped back out at me. I love many MAC products but have never really tried their eyeshadows. Everyone raves about them but I found it a bit much to spend almost $20 on a single shadow. They do have some palettes, although they are ridiculously expensive. Enter this exclusive Nordstrom palette--a great way to explore MAC eyeshadows as they have the 12 best-selling shades. It's a $160 value for only $85, so if you're willing to shell out some cash you are still saving quite a bit.


My one complaint about the product is the packaging--I understand the shadows always come like this, as they are de-potted, but it is quite bulky and big for traveling (not to mention fragile). The actual shadows themselves are a dream. I've heard about each of these shadows on various blogs and YouTube videos (All That Glitters is one I always wanted to try). Nordstrom has definitely nailed it with an awesome variety of all MAC formulas, with glitter, shimmer, mattes, and neutral shades that pop. Only a few are not very pigmented, but they can be used for highlighting or inner corners. I'm very impressed with the buttery formula, and with primer they truly last all day.


 L-R: Vapour, All That Glitters, Wedge, Satin Taupe, Honey Lust, Ricepaper, Amber Lights, Saddle, Mulch, Woodwinked, Omega, Brun, Embark, Beauty Marked, Carbon
*I apologize for my lack of quality swatching photos!

Although it's an investment, this palette is definitely worth it for the quality of shadows and variety of looks it can create. It's limited edition and exclusive to Nordstrom, so make sure you order it while you can! What MAC shadows have you tried? Let me know!


10 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful! http://beautyoncrackers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! http://beautyoncrackers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of torn on this. I know the quality is amazing, but I'm looking for colors that can be more portable. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks a lot like my own palette - although we don't have Nordstrom in Europe, so I slowly built mine up shadow by shadow. I do wish I could have bought this though! It is the perfect neutral mix!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks incredible! It looks like the perfect palette of colours I would wear, will have to check it out x
    Almsee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'd love to try 'All that Glitters' as well! I have seen many YouTubers using it over the past few months and I think it is so pretty for spring. Like you said though, I find it really difficult to pay so much for only one shade which puts me off a bit.

    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This palette is actually amazing value for money, I really love all of the shades as well. I've never tried any Mac shadows before, but the formula sounds amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so great, especially if you don't have many eyeshadows!!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl! I love your blog, it's very interesting! Gorgeous MAC palette, awesome buy!
    Would you like us to follow eachother on GFC and keep in touch?
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to get this for ages! It looks amazing!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete