Monday, March 16, 2015

MAC Cinderella Eyeshadow Palette

As you read this, the Cinderella collection has most likely sold out everywhere (I think it did on the day it launched). I was dumb and missed getting the palette in stores because I didn't think I needed/wanted it. After seeing many other reviews on it, I decided I didn't want to miss out and bought it on eBay. Fortunately, it was only slightly more expensive than the in-store price and still worth it in my opinion. Other than that, nothing in the collection really seemed worth it to me.


First of all, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous. Each shadow is a decent size and the blue lavender shade evokes major princess feels. Some shades are re-promotes and a few are unique to the palettes. I don't normally use MAC shadows so didn't already own any of them. Starting from the top left, Vapour is a velvet finish that's the least pigmented and is a peachy pink. Phloof! is a frosty off-white shade and Omega is probably my least favorite, although the matte brown shade can be used as a great crease shade. Quarry is a purpley brown shade and then we get to my two favorite shades on the bottom. Satin Taupe is exactly what the name describes, and Stroke of Midnight is a gorgeous plummy black shade that's exclusive to the palette. This is the real show-stopper and can add drama and depth to an otherwise neutral look.

L-R: Vapour, Phloof!, Omega, Quarry, Satin Taupe, Stroke of Midnight

Did you manage to snag anything from the Cinderella collection? What were your thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. I've already seen this palette on so many blogs and get more and more intrigued by it every time :D
    It's such a nice selection of wearable colours! I especially like the shade Phloof! maybe to wear it as a highlighter - luckily, I can also get this one in the standard range :)

    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette is so gorgeous! Love that it comes with so many neutrals.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete