Friday, February 20, 2015

Some Single Shadows

I'm a palette fanatic for so many reasons (easy for travel, value, so many shades in one container) but sometimes single shadows can be great too. You often get more in that single shadow vs. if the shade were to be in a palette, and they can be used individually or on top of looks you create in palettes. It can be a pit pricy to continue to buy single shadows, so I've picked out some that aren't readily available in palettes and are worth buying on their own.


Nars Dual Intensity Shadows in Phoebe and Desdemona. Now some of these are actually available in a new limited edition palette, but I couldn't justify buying it as I already owned a few of the shades. These can be used wet or dry (hence the dual intensity name) and they are probably one of my favorite single shadow formulas out there. They're so pigmented and shimmery without fallout--trust me, they're worth the higher price tag.
Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Warm Beige and Golden Copper. If you've ever used the Maybelline Color Tattoos, think of these like their more sophisticated older sister. They're way creamier and pigmented in my opinion, and once you put them on they don't crease. Best part is they also double as a base if you want to put a powder shadow on top.
Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Cosmo and Ether. Everyone knows that Urban Decay shadows rock--it's no wonder the Naked palettes are some of the best sellers out there. But these new releases are crazy crazy glittery, which is what intrigued me. There's a little bit of fallout, but not as much as you'd expect for the amount of shimmer power.
MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow in Superwatt, Coil, and Love Power. Not quite a cream but obviously not a powder, these cool spongy eyeshadows are definitely not cakey. Pigmentation can be built up, but sometimes I like to use a light hand and add them as a last touch on a look. I personally like these better than the normal MAC eyeshadows.

L-R: Cassiopeia, Phoebe, Warm Beige, Copper

L-R: Love Power, Superwatt, Coil, Ether, Cosmo


1 comment:

  1. I'm really interested in getting one of the Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadows - they look lovely! ♥
    I'm always in for a bit of glitter :D

    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete