Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Smoky Eye Essentials

I used to be terrified to create a smoky eye. I would always do way too much and it would just look like I had a black eye. The trick is just to find the right products. Normally a smoky eye is appropriate for going out or night, but you can also rock it during the day with a neutral lip. I apologize for the lack of actual product pictures, as my stash is at school, but here are my four essentials to creating the perfect smoky eye.


Charlotte Tilbury Rock Chick Palette. This is probably the ultimate product that made a smoky eye so easy. The quad takes the guess work out of which shades work, and they can be built up or toned down depending on your mood. The bottom left shimmer is absolutely gorgeous and it's not too too gray where your eyes don't pop.
MAC 217 Brush. If you only buy one eyeshadow product, buy this one. It's pretty much the only one I use--it blends really well and also helps you apply products perfectly to the crease. It's so so soft and the hairs never fall out.
Charlotte Tilbury Bedroom Black Eyeliner. Another staple not just to my smoky eye look, but also an everyday makeup look. It's basically like a liquid liner in pencil form (it's THAT good) and I like to use it to line my waterline. You can also use it on the upper lid to add more drama and it smudges so perfectly that for once, pictures don't lie and it really does look like above.
Marc Jacobs Waterproof Eyeliner. If you read my blog, you know that this is my favorite liquid eyeliner. It doesn't budge and is great for adding a cat-eye. It's super super black and the tip is easy to create lines.

Let me know if you would like to see a more in-depth tutorial of my smoky eye look!

On another note, I've spent my break re-watching Arrested Development all the way through. I often watch random episodes when I'm bored, but haven't watched the whole thing all the way through in a while. It's probably one of the funniest shows ever made and I find new jokes every time.

5 comments:

  1. The palette looks so beautiful! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the mac 217, I have heard so many bloggers rave about this. I just don't have the budget to spend so much on 1 brush.

    Ooh La Luce | Beauty, Life, Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want this palette from CT. I've tried 2 palettes from her and I love them!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have so many wonderful things about this eyeliner, and it looks so pretty too! I am pretty tempted to stray from my Stila one :)

    Allie | RainyAllie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found that the Sigma E25 or Bdellium Brush 925 (I believe) are great dupes for the MAC version at a fraction of the price! Have you tried either one?
    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete