Monday, March 23, 2015

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger


1. How many hours a week do you spend writing/editing posts? I try to get out at least 2 posts a week (Monday and Friday) because I simply don't have enough time! I miss the summer days when I had 5 posts a week, but coming up with ideas is super hard too.

2. Are you a spender or a saver? As you can see from the makeup I like, I am definitely more of a spender. I'm trying to cut back (seriously I swear) though.

3. When is it easiest for you to blog?
Sometimes I feel creative in the morning, but Sunday afternoons are usually when I get most of my posts done.

4. What makes writing behind a computer comfortable for you? Once I get started, it's a lot easier for the ideas to flow. I've toyed with the idea of making YouTube videos but I can hardly find enough time to blog, let alone film/edit.

5. What’s your worst makeup/hair habit? I sometimes overestimate the amount of blush I put on because the lighting is so terrible in my room, then I go into the bathroom and I'm like woah that needs some serious blending.

6. One quote that you wish the world would live by? I really like the quote "Our scars have the power to remind us that the past is real" from Silence of the Lambs (my favorite movie). I wish people understood that everyone has their own stories and scars, whether literally or metaphorically, but they have got us to where we are. 

7. How long do you spend getting ready everyday? With a shower, it's usually about an hour but I can slap on some makeup and wet my hair and be ready in like 10 minutes.

8. Who is your favorite blogger? My all-time favorite is definitely Vivianna Does Makeup

9. Who is a blogger that you read who deserves more subscribers than they have? I think every beginning blog deserves more subscribers. Every time I find a new blog, I get excited and love visiting it.

10. One thing your excited about in the upcoming year? Over the summer, I'm moving into my own place downtown for the upcoming school year. I'm excited to really have my own space and live with my friends.

11. Your most awkward blogging moment? Looking back on my beginning posts, there are definitely some things I would change but I can't say I've had any super awkward moments.

12. How long does it take you to prep for a post? Usually I come up with ideas a day or two in advance. Occasionally, I purchase products with a post in mind.

13. Are you wearing pants(jeans/skirt) right now or are you actually wearing pajama bottoms? Hahahaha jeans. Leggings all day every day.


14. What are you most proud of in your life? Hmmm it's hard to pinpoint one thing. I haven't graduated college yet, but I'm proud that I've made it this far and have developed a passion. I've had a dream for a while that I'm sticking to and I can't wait to fulfill that. 

7 comments:

  1. I love that quote! I find it really interesting reading the thoughts of other beauty bloggers, especially when you have school/ work at the same time :)

    ibelieveinrosa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I hear you on the blush - worse is when your brush already had colour on it... whoa indeed :) Great answers.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, I have to agree with posting mainly on Sundays :)

    Please check out my latest post and leave a comment.

    Fleur x


    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm always a bit heavy handed with my blush!! I love posting Sundays or Monday after enjoying my weekend, it always puts me in a good mood :) Enjoyed reading your post xoxo
    http://justjessicalee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Anna is also my favorite :p

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post :) I always love to hear more personal things about the blogger behind the blog!
    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Somatodrolartigo . I find it really interesting reading the thoughts of other beauty bloggers,

    ReplyDelete