Monday, March 21, 2016

Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick

Too Faced is probably one of my favorite brands because they can combine cute and whimsical products with winning formulas. I love the Melted Lipsticks, but have a hard time finding colors I like. So of course when I heard they were launching Melted Matte Lipsticks in a million colors, I ordered them with next-day shipping from Sephora (haven't done that in a while, promise). I'm glad I did, because it seems that despite being available for only VIB and VIB Rouge, most colors are sold out. 


I've only worn them a few times, but I'm already sold. The formula is a perfect combination of actually drying down matte without leaving your lips feeling like the Sahara. The color seems to hang around quite a while and die down in a subtle way. Naturally, I gravitated towards the four nude/pinky brown shades. Child Star is a "matte soft nude", Sell Out is my favorite of the bunch, a "matte soft pinky-brown", Queen B is a "matte soft mauve", and Cool Girl is a "Matte True Nude". These seemed to be the four shades I felt the most comfortable with, and I'm glad they were pretty similar to description. 


L-R: Child Star, Sell Out, Queen B, Cool Girl

Even if nude shades aren't your thing, they have plenty of other colors, from traditional reds to even a blue! Once they're available to anyone, they're worth picking up. I'm currently waiting to review my forthcoming Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette, which I just ordered yesterday (their summer collection is killing it). Let me know what Too Faced products are your favorite!

1 comment:

  1. You are speaking directly to my heart! I am not really into nude lipsticks at all but I feel like it might be time to give them a try! Thanks for sharing a great review!
    xx Belle

    ReplyDelete