Friday, April 10, 2015

All About That (Powder) Base

I've never been one to just wear powder foundation... my skin is way too dry and I often find that they don't give enough coverage alone. I do love wearing lightweight ones on top of my liquid foundation to set things in place and even out coverage. Here are my favorite sheerer coverage ones, although there are definitely full-coverage ones out there for those who don't like liquid foundations.


Bourjois Silk Edition Compact Powder in 52 Vanille. First of all, the packaging is super cool--the top swivels up to reveal a mirror in the powder and really protects it so it won't break. This is a great blurring powder that does offer slightly more coverage and is a great product for the price.
Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in 52 Vanilla. This is an incredibly sheer, light-weight powder with just a hint of color. It's main job is to mattify and it also has a really nice smell. You don't even need a mirror to apply this because it's quite hard to make this look cakey.
Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow in B20. This is my all-time favorite powder, especially because it's almost impossible to go wrong with Chanel. It includes a brush that is actually usable (a rarity), and is great for either sheer or fuller coverage. It does give a hint of glow, and you can buy slightly darker shades to use as contour/bronzer if you want.
Charlotte Tilbury Skin Perfecting Powder in Fair 1. Think of this as a more luxe version of the Bourjois Healthy Glow--it's also very fine milled and blurs perfections. Although there are only three colors, they work for most skin tones. I thought the fair color would be way too light, but since it's so sheer I don't look like a ghost.
Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in Sand. I've yet to find a powder so so amazing that it literally melts into your skin and you can't notice it at all, but this one is pretty close. You can use the included sponge to build up fuller coverage, or dust it on with a kabuki brush for sheerer coverage (my preferred method of choice for all foundations).

Are you more of a powder or liquid foundation girl? What are your favorite powder foundations? Let me know if you want to see a separate setting powders post!


3 comments:

  1. I love to try the Bobbi Brown one, my favorite of the moment is the Vichy Teint Ideal :)

    http://ibelieveinrosa.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pretty dry skin, so I only ever use tinted moisturisers during the day, but my favourite foundation to use when I go out is Diorskin - such a flawless, yet not cakey at all finish!

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really great things about that Bourjois face powder, I really need to pick it up. Great post!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete