Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Looxi Beauty Highlighting Palette

I love finding new beauty brands off the beaten path. It's great to support smaller brands, and when I saw this post on Budget Beauty Blog, I knew the Looxi Highlighting Palette was something I wanted to try. Unfortunately the Looxi Beauty Website has been down for the past couple of weeks--it seems I was just able to squeeze in there. They make all their items to order, so mine took about two weeks to arrive. Right now, they have highlighters and eyeshadows. You can order them in plastic packaging, or get them cheaper in the pans.


They offer a deal where if you buy 4 highlighter pans for $9 each, you get a free Z-palette. This is my first Z palette, which is an empty palette with a magnetic bottom. They make smaller and larger sizes, but four of the highlighters fit perfectly in this and it looks pre-made. You can't really beat the price of four generous-sized highlighters in an authentic Z palette. Let's take a look at the actual shades.

Ever After is a really unique duo-chrome pink shade that seems kind of weird when you swatch it, but reflects beautifully. La Belle is a traditional golden champagne shade, while Goddess is a slightly darker golden shade. Luxe is super intense--you can see it's the most pigmented and super super golden. For those with fairer skintones like myself, you may need a lighter hand with this. Any of the shades can also be used as shadows. As you can see, they're all very pigmented and shiny. When applied to the skin, there is no visible shimmer but more of a soft, lit-from-within finish.

L-R: Ever After, La Belle, Goddess, Luxe

Once Looxi is back to taking orders (crossing my fingers it's soon), I highly recommend doing the highlighter and Z palette deal. There are at least 3 more shades that I don't have, and besides the slightly longer waiting time, this is something that any highlighter junkie should add to their collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment