Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Makeup Revolution Blush and Contour Palettes

Prior to last week, I had never really heard of the brand Makeup Revolution. It's a crazy affordable UK brand that used to only be available there. I was browsing social media last week and noticed that it is now exclusively available to Ulta.com in the US. Unfortunately, they don't have the full line (boo) but I picked up the two pieces that seemed the most affordable and unique to me.

 

I got the Ultra Blush and Contour Palette in Hot Spice and Ultra Bronze Palette. Both are an incredible bargain, with 8 pans at just under $10. I've always been a big eyeshadow palette fan but never really done a blush or face palette. These are great for travel, because they're slim with a mirror, and you have so many options to choose from. The blush palette also has a pink option, but I chose the peach one as the colors are more subtle and better suited for me. The bronzer palette has a good variety of contour and overall shades which can work for many skin tones. Both palettes have a variety of shimmer and matte shades, with the last two shades being highlighters. I just got them yesterday, so I only had time to swatch them and have yet to see how they wear on the face. Some are quite pigmented, while others do need to be built up a bit.

Even if some shades aren't as pigmented as I would like, the price point certainly makes up for it. You just really can't beat the price for the quality. Based on other reviews I've seen online, they seem to have decent wear time. The eyeshadow palettes certainly intrigued me (they look like good Naked Palette dupes). I'm hoping we get more of the collection soon, as I saw many things available to the UK not available to us.


Hot Spice Palette (Swatches are clockwise from left shade)

Ultra Bronze Palette

Have you tried anything from the Makeup Revolution line? I'd love to know your product recommendations!

5 comments:

  1. Great post dear!
    xoxo Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Makeup Revolution but I've never tried their products before...I would love to get those palettes though, perect since I freelance as an MUA and I'm always looking for multiple palettes to use on clients! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this.. will need to check them out! Please stop by for the latest!!

    Love, Olia

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both look great, with such a wide range of colours! I must check them out.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete